Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 284

It's been a busy week with almost no time for stamping but I couldn't miss our Wednesday sketch reveal over at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess and sketch designer is Karren and her sketch is an instant classic!

My card was inspired by a couple of recent rainbow challenges.  Rainbows aren't normally my thing, especially the arched-with-a-pot-of-gold variety, but then I saw a card made for this CAS-ual Fridays challenge by Ilina Crouse and suddenly I saw rainbows in a whole new way.


If I was going to do this card again I think I would maybe use lighter shades of color because I think my shimmery star accents get lost on these dark ones.  And now you've gone back for a second look because you didn't see those the first time around, right?  The two hearts on the sketch became stars on my card that I die cut from some glimmer paper.  They look pretty in real life but here they are a bit washed out.

And since I missed the deadline for the CAS-ual Fridays rainbow challenge I'm going to enter this in the challenge at Addicted to CAS which has the same theme.  I'm not sure this card is CAS enough for that challenge, though!


 Thanks for stopping by.  And be sure to check out the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our design team has whipped up some beautiful cards to inspire you this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Awesome (Neat & Tangled); Celebrate Artsy (STAMPlorations)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Basic Black, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Pacific Point (Stampin' Up!); Dark Indigo; Royal Velvet (Papertrey Ink); Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Awesome die (Neat & Tangled); Stitched Stars die (Lil' Inker Designs)

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific background Jen, this is fun!

Susan said...

Terrific way to combine challenges. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Barb Ghig said...

Stunning card, Jen! And, I think there's plenty of white space to be a CAS card :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Jen! That rainbow is so pretty and I love the stars! Such a fun sentiment! Definitely will make someone's day!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, WOW, this card is awesome, Jen!!!!! I don't think your colours are too dark - I think it looks perfect and clicking on the photo I could see how beautiful the shimmer on the stars are, so I'm sure it looks stunning IRL!!!! I love that sentiment!!!! Wonderfully done and a fantastic take on the sketch!!!! Love it!!!!!
Hugz

Karren said...

I haven't been observant enough to notice that you don't do a lot of rainbows but now you mention it, it's true! Hopefully this gorgeous colorful card inspires you to bring out the rainbows more in future 😊

Linda Callahan said...

I love that funky shape you used to create your pattern! Fabulous card!

Amy O said...

I love your rainbow! And that sentiment die-cut is awesome with it. Such a fun look, Jen!

Jen Timko said...

I'm not normally a rainbow person either but this interpretation is brilliant. Love the bold colors!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Jen! This is such a fun and artsy take on the sketch! Love it so much !

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! I love the rainbow of colours you've given it background - so creative and so effective!