Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 253!

Hello, hello!  It's Wednesday so that means it's time for a new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Jennifer Brum is our hostess and I just love her sketch.  It's got some great shapes and there's lots of room for interpretation.



It occurred to me when I sat down to make my card that I hadn't made one with a butterfly on it in a long time.  So despite the colors at Cupcake Inspiration telling me to do Christmas again I ignored that voice and opted for a winged fellow instead.  Plus I don't want anyone thinking this is the all-Christmas-all-the-time channel!  (Although if you pop by tomorrow you'll see another Christmas card, she said sheepishly).  My butterfly is a popped up double layer of minty card stock, which I stamped first with a mesh background, and a vellum overlay.  It's my favorite butterfly to do because it looks like it just landed on the front of the card!   Can't you just see the wings fluttering?


Thanks for stopping by today!  The gals at Freshly Made Sketches have made some beautiful card this week so be sure to pop on by there and check them out.  I hope you can join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Mesh (Darkroom Door)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade (SU); Mint Julep, Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Mint Julep (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Banner Trio die (WPlus9); Bubbles stencil (Tim Holtz); translucent embossing paste (Dreamweaver); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

16 comments:

Kim S said...

LOVE those fresh colors on kraft - a lovely butterfly.

Linda Callahan said...

Dare I say I love the pop of poppy! Fabulous colors and the butterfly is gorgeous! Love the vellum overlay!

Shelly said...

Super sweet! Love the colors!

designbydonna said...

Pretty card. I love that color combo. Am always a sucker for butterflies.

Sandy said...

Very pretty card! Love the pops of red. Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
-Sandy, DT

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors, love the delicate butterfly! This is so pretty Jen!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this is fabulous! Love how you used the Cupcake Inspirations' colors! Thanks for sharing!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Karren said...

Your mint-green butterfly looks amazing - so soft and delicate! Wonder if you can make a butterfly-themed Christmas card... :)

LeAnne said...

Oh my, I just love this....why can't I ever remember to try some stenciling? It makes for such a cool background and it's so simple! You've inspired me to try!

Unknown said...

Very pretty CAS card, Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Kamila DT

Jen Timko said...

Totally love everything about this, Jen!! You were totally due for a butterfly card!

Jen Brum said...

What an amazing card Jen! I love what you've done with the sketch! The background is amazing! Love, love, love the butterfly and the pops of red!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, Sweetie DT -

Naki said...

Wow, gorgeous! Just gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE how you've used these stamps - the dotty background is such a creative take on the sketch. And as always you've combined the colour and the sketch challenges perfectly!

Cécile RIBON said...

Anonther fabulous card ! You made a terrific background for your gorgeous butterfly ! Love the colors too