Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 243!

There's a long weekend coming up and I'm half-way to it.  But before the Independence Day festivities start around here we've got a new sketch to show you at Freshly Made Sketches designed by Amy.  I wish it had occurred to me to use some red, white, and blue but flowers were calling to me instead!



Taking my color cues from the inspiration photo at Just Us Girls I went quite literal with the sketch.  To add some texture I dry embossed the card base (which is really hard to see in the photo) and used some embossing paste on the white layer behind the flowers.  Then I added the fussy cut flowers and some die cut leaves.  Easy peasy.


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the inspiration from our amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team.  I hope we'll get to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Modern Blooms (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink); Fog (Simon Says Stamp); Solar White (Neenah); Wild Wasabi, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy (SU); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things)
Accessories:  Guidelines Impression plate (Papertrey Ink); Dot Fade stencil (Tim Holtz); Bold Greenery die (My Favorite Things); white embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi); enamel dots (Freckled Fawn)

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well I love the colors you ended up with! Pretty card! And the embossing paste looks great in the background! Enjoy the long weekend!

Unknown said...

What a lovely little bouquet of flowers! Love the clean simplicity and the additional element of texture. The yellow enamel dots really add a wonderful POP of color!

Patti said...

Loving this!! and nothing says July better than flowers! : ) Sweet card Jen.

Patti

Stampingcountry said...

Lovely color combo, pretty card!

Petra Swart said...

The dry embossing makes the perfect bg for your beautiful flowers, Jen!!!! I really like the fresh, clean look of your card and the little bit of extra colour the enamel dots add!!!!! Beautiful!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Amy O said...

Those flowers are so pretty and summery! And your backgrounds are so cool and add such a fun twist. Love this, Jen!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a brilliant take on the sketch ! Love your pretty soft color flowers. The yellow dots add the perfect touch of sunshine

Karren said...

Beautiful pops of color against the neutral backgrounds! Enjoy your long weekend!

Cindy Hall said...

I love the colors and textures on this beauty. The flower is so pretty. Great card, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card Jen! I love those flowers and the embossing paste! The texture is amazing! So pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Fresh and lovely!