Friday, April 1, 2016

Tag You're It 44

Today may be April Fool's Day but there ain't no fooling at Tag You're It!  It's time for a new challenge and this week our inspiration comes from Nancy!


Sadly, I don't have any umbrellas in my stash, but I do have loads of flowers so I took my cues from that.  Nancy did a wonderful watercolor splash on her background but I chose to stamp a couple of grungy images instead.  I chose some of of the same colors for my flowers and arranged them randomly along with some leafy die cuts.

I love how Nancy's tag reminds us that all those April showers bring beautiful May flowers.  Let's hope it happens for real.  We've had an unseasonably warm winter around these parts and the flowers got off to an early start.  We really need those rains since we didn't get much snow {insert happy dance here} otherwise those flowers will be in for a long, hot, and dry summer.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to join us at Tag You're It.  We love to see your tags, whether they be stand-alone or used to embellish the front of a card, so don't be shy!  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Modern Blooms (My Favorite Things); Mesh, Mini 72 (PaperArtsy)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Pear Pizzazz (SU)
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Cool Caribbean, Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Riding Hood Red (SU); Pretty Amethyst (Fun Stampers Journey); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things)
Accessories:  Tag You're It die, Sentiment Strips die (My Favorite Things); Clear Droplets (Pretty Pink Posh); seam binding ribbon, crochet thread

8 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Jen, who needs an umbrella with your sweet shower of blooms! Lovely!!! Here's hoping for rain soon!

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty tag, Jen!

Patti said...

Oh my goodness!! both tags are sensational! WOWIE!!

Patti

Shelly said...

Beautiful!!

Lisa Elton said...

I don't even miss the umbrella Jen, this is beautiful!!

Karren said...

Beautiful tag, Jen and your flowers are arranged perfectly. But you really need to rectify that "no umbrella" situation... :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Love your take on the tag challenge...simply beautiful!

Petra Swart said...

All your sweet colourful little flowers are so pretty, Jen and I love the bg you've got for it!!!! What a beautiful tag!!!!