Tuesday, January 20, 2015

colourQ 276

Happy Tuesday!  It's time for a new palette from your friends at colourQ!  The colors are bold and for my card I decided to combine them with the sketch from Pals Paper Arts.



There are some tiny vellum flags that hang from under the thanks sentiment but they are barely visible.  Heck, they are barely visible in real life!  I thought they would be a nice touch for the sketch but after I had them stuck down I realized they didn't look so good.  But I took the picture, uploaded it and proceeded to have second thoughts.  So I grabbed a tiny little chevron stamp and made three flags stamped in dark brown, carefully cut the vellum flags off and stuck the chevron flags down.  And how do you suppose it looked?  Horrible!  The card is now relegated to the recycle bin!  I should have known better than to mess with the original!

The colourQ design team have some beautiful cards to show you so I hope you check them out and then join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip, Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana DSP (SU)
Accessories:  Thanks on a Line die (Simon Says Stamp); Banner Trio die (WPlus9); Small Stitched Rectangle die (Lawn Fawn)



6 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Oh dear! I hate that for your card! I do think this is so cute with that cute "thanks". The font is adorable. I can just see the vellum banners. I bet they looked good in person. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that thanks die cut, this is cute Jen! Try putting a thin white paper (like copy paper) behind the vellum. It seems to help it show up on patterned and light colored papers.

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable.....and your card making trials and tribulations make me laugh......and make me feel so much better about the craziness that goes on in my craft room!

Patti said...

Oh shucks too bad you spoiled this sweet card!! I like Lisa's idea of adding plain white paper behind vellum - I struggle with it showing up adequately too! Good tip.

Patti

Basement Stamper said...

Love this card, nice CAS card with this sketch.