Monday, November 17, 2014

Poinsettia Christmas

Day one of my vacation finds me toiling away at my Christmas cards.  I like this one a lot and it wasn't overly complicated so it may make my mass produce list!


The colors are inspired by the Festive Friday challenge as well as the poinsettia.  The photo has a wreath but to me poinsettias are a quintessential Christmas image too.  The layout is from Cardabilities and the circle on the sketch was a great excuse to use this Patio Stone stamp which I bought ages ago and have never inked up.


Well that's it for me today.  It's raining outside which gives me the perfect excuse to say instead getting crafty!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Peace on Earth (Verve); Patio Stone (Designs by Ryn); Grunge Me (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Champagne Glimmer (SU)
Ink:  Hot Fudge (My Favorite Things); Crumb Cake (SU)
Accessories:  Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables (Lawn Fawn); Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box); Banner Trio Die (WPlus9)

13 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the poinsettia.

Ardyth said...

Fantastic combination of these challenges. I love that you didn't use layers for some of the sketch elements! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Shelly said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous!!! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty pretty card Jen!!

Lisa Kind said...

I Love how you paired the grunge with the classic poinsettia. Lovely card!

Darnell said...

That's really lovely, Jen! I agree, one for the masses! It definitely deserves a click to enlarge to appreciate all the stunning details!! Hugs, Darnell

Karren said...

I hope you're enjoying your time off and getting to do all those things you enjoy the most. This is a beautiful card - the patio stone stamp is such a cool stamp and looks so good with the poinsettia.

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh this is beautiful!! I love the bright red poinsettia on the white with that patio stone stamp! Very cool! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

Deepti said...

So very pretty, I love what u did in the BG :)

Vicki Dutcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of the sketch! Thanks for joining in at Cardabilities!

Nowe Love Papierowe said...

Thanks for playing the challenge at Cardabilites :)

Cardabilities said...

great christmas card, thank you for joining in with us over at Cardabilities.