Monday, October 13, 2014

Autumn Wishes

I was so productive yesterday.  I managed to make three cards, try a different take on some shepard's pie, go to the supermarket, watch some football and all of that in plenty of time to watch the season premier of The Walking Dead.  That's a good day I say to myself!

The first card I made was for the color challenge at The Paper Players, uses the layout at Deconstructed Sketch, the Autumn theme at As You See It and a button and sentiment for Sentimental Sundays.  Whew!



I wish the three leaves showed up a little better, but they all seem to blend together a bit.  I rock and rolled the colors on them but was having a hard time adding a little definition between them with my extra juicy Mossy Meadow ink pad.  It kept adding much more color than I wanted so I stopped trying to do it before I ruined them.  They look better in real life!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  French Foliage (SU); Distressed Grid (Creative Embellishments); Fall Colors (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Hello Honey, Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist, Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink:  Hello Honey, Tangerine Tango, Mossy Meadow (SU)
Accessories:  Candy Cane button, Always Artichoke seam binding ribbon, Decorative Dots embossing folder (SU); Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things)


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Yep I would say it was a good day too!! Lovely autumn card Jen!

Patti said...

Beautiful card Jen!! You know what I think? you should quit that job : ) you will get a LOT more done!! heehee

Patti

sandie said...

I think the leaves look fab! What a productive day and what's this I missed Waking the Dead..I am hoping this is an old series for us in the U.K and if so you have a treat ahead!!
Your car would be perfect for our challenge at TIME OUT, here is the link

http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/challenge-16-case-heather-telford-with.html

Heather Cooper said...

There it is again! French Foliage! I really should have kept that stamp set. Lovely fall design, Jen, and that green button is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with us at As You See It Challenges this week.

Deepti said...

What a fabulous design !! Love the embossed two colored BG

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love all the great texture on this card! Thanks for playing along with the As You See It Challenge this week!