Tuesday, February 18, 2014

colourQ 229 and Seize the Sketch 14

It was so nice to have the day off yesterday from work.  I love long weekends and I wish they happened more often.  Alas I won't see another one until the end of May.  It was nice to sleep in, get some housework done and craft at a leisurely pace!

Today I've got a card to show you with the new colors at colourQ and the latest layout from Seize the Sketch brought to you by Amy.



With all the snow we've been having I find myself reaching for floral stamps more and more!  And I know I'm not alone here because everywhere I go in blogland I find someone else who is fed up with this winter!  My fellow colourQ teamie Lisa wants to have Old Man Winter arrested, LOL!  I couldn't agree with her more!

For this card I used some simple leaves and flowers.  And I couldn't resist stamping some grungy color under the focal point - it looked too plain without it!  It's hard to see in the photo, but the dot splatter was stamped in Apricot Appeal and the grungy lines are Peach Parfait.  They really look nothing alike in real life but here they look the same!

I sure hope the winter blues don't have you down and you have time to join us at colourQ and Seize the Sketch.  We'd love to have you join us!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Gorgeous Grunge, Another Thank You (SU)
Paper:  White Linen (Ellen Hutson); Apricot Appeal, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Wintergreen DSP (SU)
Ink:  Apricot Appeal, Peach Parfait, Summer Starfruit, Always Artichoke (SU)
Accessories:  Stitched Circle STAX (My Favorite Things); Bluebell Smile enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such an awesome springy card! Love the florals and fresh colors!

Lisa Kind said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the background stamping gives it lots of interest!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this card Jen there's something so gentle about it. That nasty old man dumped more snow on us last night. I'm rounding up a posse, keep those cuffs handy LOL!!!

Angela said...

Such a pretty card, Jen!

Jessi Fogan said...

So soft and gorgeous, Jen! And sooo springy :) I'm even reaching for neons, a rarity for me, just to see COLOUR again :)

Stacey Schafer said...

how lovely, Jen!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous card with a great background~

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love everything about your card.

jessica said...

Your card is gorgeous Jen! You are so super talented and I just LOVE your take on the color challenge and the sketch!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty :) u always work wonders and I always think when will I create something like this :)

PapierGirl said...

Stunning Jen - love the soft colors and splashes of yellow! xx

Rose said...

love this pretty spring card :)

Sherry Eckblad said...

Gorgeous card and I am so ready for Spring.

Lori Turner said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love how you used the colors and the sketch this week ;) Pretty!!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the fresh color scheme and the grunge-y elements on the image panel