Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 116

This week Narelle is our hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and she's designed a fantastic layout that includes the ever-popular flags!


As you can see I took the flags and translated them to strips of washi tape.  Then I added a simple rectangular layer and embellished it with a pretty layered flower that I think looks a bit like a poinsettia.  The simple sentiment is one I think we could all wish for.  The colors of my card are inspired by the Fusion challenge that is resurrecting in January!  Yay!



The Freshly Made Sketches design team have out done themselves this week with their cards so be sure you head over there to check them out.  I know it's a busy time of year but I hope you can join us in the gallery!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Christmas Carols (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Real Red, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories:  4 Petal Set die (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps); Pierced Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things); Basic Rhinestones (SU); washi tape


15 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

The washi looks terrific......I need to start using it....I can't make it work right! This is so serene and elegant!

Tracey McNeely said...

The washi is fantastic Jen!

snappy scrappy said...

Love this one, it really pops!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch. Love how you use the washi!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your take on the sketch and your use of washi!!!

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful card,with the little pretty flowers and the washi tape!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Such a great use of the washi tape in your design! Very fun. Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Jen Brum said...

Love this Jen! I love the washi tape!!! I need lessons from you on proper use of washi tape!!! Love the poinsettias! So pretty! The sentiment is perfect!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I'm sighing at this card Jen - it's totally beautiful and totally clean. LOVE it!

Claire said...

So love that stamp and die set...going to put it on my (very long) wish list! Fab CAS design as always Jen!

Lesley said...

Stunning card my friend; love the sketch and hope I can use it this week. Love the washi!!! Thank you for joining us at FUSION.

Deborah Frings said...

Love this! Perfectly clean, simple and festive!

Geri said...

SWEET card! Those simple little poinsettias are so fresh and pretty!
The washi adds such a fresh, festive touch and is such a fun interpretation of the sketch! So glad you could play along with us at FUSION!!!

Amy O said...

I don't know which I love the most -- the washi tape, the fonts on the sentiment, or the little flowers. Oh, I just love it all!

Greta said...

I wanted to use my Christmas Washi tape when I saw the sketch, but couldn't make it work. Your card is fabulous--so festive & beautiful!