Tuesday, December 24, 2013

colourQ 221

Christmas Eve is such a magical time I think.  Since I was a kid my family has always celebrated together starting on Christmas Eve.  There is always lots of food and visits with family before we go to midnight Mass.  After Mass we head to my aunt's house for more food and visits with family.  The night always ends with the "Portuguese Band" coming to the house and performing traditional Christmas songs.  I'm lucky if I make it home by 3:00 AM!

But before that all happens I've got to go to work and when I get home, take a nap!  And before that happens I must show you the card I made for the newest colourQ challenge.  This week the colors are inspired by this ornament.  



I'm sure I should have been inspired to make another Christmas card but my Christmas mojo is only working sporadically so I made this thank you instead following the latest retro sketch.  You might think that a blue starburst is kind of weird and I thought so too when I was assembling this card.  But once I had put it all together I thought it looked pretty nice.  So I kept it.


I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas, if you celebrate it, with your family.  And if Santa brought you some new crafting goodies you should head over to colourQ on Thursday to try them out as you play along with our challenge!

Merry Christmas!

Supplies:
Paper:  Neenah Solar White; Coastal Cabana, Baja Breeze, Midnight Muse, Baked Brown Sugar (SU)
Accessories:  Sunshine die, Thanks die (Simon Says Stamp)

5 comments:

Kerin said...

Jen, This card is fabulous! I love the soft colors and you know I'm a fan of your clean style! Merry Christmas, sounds like you'll have a wonderful time tonight. Christmas Eve is my favorite too :)

Erna Logtenberg said...

Your card is gorgeous! Have a good Christmas time together with you family!

sandie said...

this is a stunning card Jen, I love it! Your Xmas Eve sounds wonderful. Have fun and a very Merry Xmas x

Rita W said...

Sigh. You are an expensive friend to have around. lol I love that Sunshine die! Fabulous card.

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE LOVE what you've done with the colors this week Jen!! Great use of the sketch too ;)