Monday, November 25, 2013

Trim the Tree DS128

Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday well wishes yesterday!  I had a lovely day, went out to eat and had barbecue chicken pizza (my favorite).  Then I settled down to watch the Patriots.  I was really hoping for a win as a birthday present and boy did they deliver!  Although technically the win didn't happen until after midnight, I'm still going to count it!

Today I've got a fun Christmas card to show you using the latest sketch at Deconstructed Sketches.  I love those sketches because they've always got fun layers and usually give me a good excuse to dig into my huge stash of patterned paper.



I love this tree from Jolly Holiday and I use it a lot at this time of year.  It's so versatile and can be used on card stock and patterned paper alike for different looks.  I wish it came in a bigger size **hint** hint**!

Sadly, today is the last day of my vacation.  It's back to the old grind tomorrow :(  I'll have Thursday off for Thanksgiving, of course, but otherwise it's work, work, work.  Why is it that 15 minutes after you're back in the office after a nice, long, relaxing vacation it's like you never left?


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jolly Holiday (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  Scarlett Jewell, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Holiday Cheer (Papertrey Ink); Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Pierced Circle STAX (My Favorite Things); Stitched Sentiment Flag (Lil' Inker Designs); Guidelines Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink)

3 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful Jen! Love the papers you've used! Happy Birthday for yesterday! xxx

Lisa Elton said...

Happy belated birthday wishes Jen!! Sounds like a good day. Your card is out of this world! Love what you did with the sketch. All of your elements flow together beautifully!

Jen Shults said...

This is gorgeous! I really like the subtle embossing and the subtle festive colors! Thanks for joining us for DS128!