Tuesday, August 6, 2013

colourQ 201

It's good to be back on the colourQ bandwagon!  This week Arielle has found these great colors for us inspired by this fab apron.  (It's so pretty, it looks like a dress)!  When I first saw them I thought of making a masculine themed card but then I stumbled on the Sketchbook Saturday sketch and was overcome with the urge to use butterflies!  Apparently, I'm very susceptible to suggestion!



It took me a while to find this butterfly die, but when I did I used it to cut these beautiful images.  It took me longer to find the Soft Sky designer paper which I used to cut the smaller butterfly but I'm so glad I kept searching because I think the colors layered together this way are so eye-catching.  I had second thoughts about cutting off the butterfly on the right side of the card, but obviously there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it once I had done the deed!

Eclectic colors like these mean you've got lots of eclectic cards to see from the always amazing colourQ design team!  So hop on over to check them out.  I hope you can join us this week in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Thoughtful Florals (Verve)
Accessories:  Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die (SU); Banner Trio die (WPlus9); baker's twine (American Crafts)

4 comments:

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS card Jen!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic butterfly, love the bit of twine.

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Jen, thanks for your comment on my blog for colourq and I love the butterfly on your card as you made it pop with the dark underneath. Very lovely.
Thanks again and happy stamping.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

There is no escape from butterflies... mwahahahah!! Love the modern look of this card, especially the diagonal stripes... yum!!