Tuesday, March 12, 2013

colourQ 180

I'm pretty sure that when you see the colors for this week's colourQ challenge you might be inspired to think of shamrocks and leprechauns.  I know I was.  The trouble with that is that I own a very boring collection of shamrock and leprechaun stamps and I really couldn't come up with any good ideas to use them.

So I pondered those greens and and eventually came to the conclusion that green also equals Christmas in my book, so I took these colors and with some help from the challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch made an unusual Christmas card!



I took some liberties with the sketch vis a vis the placement of the sentiment but I thought these trees needed to be the focal point of the card so I put them where the sentiment is supposed to go.  At the last minute I added the tiny "merry christmas" sentiment under the crochet thread.

Don't forget to head on over to colourQ and check out the other cards from the DT.  Then link up!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jolly Holiday (The Alley Way Stamps), WTF (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Accessories:  Crochet Thread


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love those trees, such a fabulous card, the twine is a great accent.