Friday, April 20, 2012

Color Throwdown 188 and CCMC198

At least once a month I've got a week where I'm too busy to even venture into my stamp room.  Well, this week was that week.  I haven't set foot in there since Monday, so when I got home from work tonight I was determined to get in there and create something.  No matter how long it took.  It ended up taking way longer than I thought because I couldn't decide what challenges I wanted to participate in.  There are too many that I love!!!

I eventually decided on a couple of challenges, so even though I'm holding my eyelids open with toothpicks right now I'm posting this picture of a card I made for the color challenge at Color Throwdown and the sketch challenge at Create With Connie and Mary.





I dug deep into my stash and used some DSP called Wintergreen which was a Christmas paper from a few years ago featuring Always Artichoke.  I layered this on some Certainly Celery cardstock that I embossed with the Stripes embossing folder.  The flower from Array of Sunshine was stamped first in pretty in pink then sponged with Melon Mambo after I fussy cut three layers.  

The label is from the Matchbox die and stamped with the companion stamp and sentiment from Great Friend.

Well, I have officially had it tonight.  It's late, I'm tired and I would like very much to get some sleep.  So I'm signing off.  But thanks for stopping by.  Tomorrow, at a reasonable hour, I hope!



9 comments:

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card Jen! I used those colours for a card I am posting on Sunday!! Aren't they so pretty!!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow, those colors POP...love the bright flower and that label! I always forget about it on the Matchbox Die. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Jen Timko said...

This is fantastic, Jen! I love that Christmas DSP for this....and what a beautiful flower. So glad you stayed up late to post this!

Carrie Sampsel said...

I love the sponging on the flower. Very pretty and what a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Nance Leedy said...

This is lovely Jen. The sponging on the flower was a brilliant way to incorporate the second pink. It really makes the flower pop especially against those gorgeous greens. Just beautiful...thank you for joining us at CCMC!

Deb said...

What a truly beautiful card! I love the dimension you gave to the flower with the sponging and layers! And the colors are so soft and pretty! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty. The sponged Melon Mambo really makes the flower pop off the card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Debbie Henderson said...

What a beautiful flower you have created. I just love the sponging. Thanks for visiting us at CCMC!

Mary Brown said...

What pretty colors! I love how your pink flower just POPS! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!