Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 16

After a little holiday break, Freshly Made Sketches is back with a brand new sketch designed by Tui Nathan.  And we also welcome two new guest designers for January, Nina Forsythe and Jen Sannes.

This is one of those sketches that is timeless and completely adaptable to whatever you can imagine.  And judging by the cards made by the design team, (and I've seen them all) the possibilities are endless!

For my card, I used a base of Basic Gray, then added a layer of Kiwi Kiss cardstock and some Urban Garden designer paper.  I used my much-neglected basic gray corduroy buttons as the focal point and added a sentiment from Much Appreciated.  The ribbon across the center is some Basic Gray satin ribbon.

I hope that you have a chance to participate in our challenge this week.  For some inspiration make sure you visit the fabulous Freshly Made Sketches design team.


13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

So classy and elegant! I love how the kiwi looks with the gray! And I am a huge fan of those buttons!

Rita W said...

Awesome as always. I love those colors together and you just can't go wrong with buttons! :)

Lesley said...

Love the colours Jen, those buttons are awesome!

Vicky Hayes said...

The buttons look fantastic Jen and I adore the gorgeous Kiwi Kiss DP!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic card, great colours and I love the buttons.

Tui Nathan said...

This is simply stunning Jen ... I am such a fan of your clean and oh so stylish creations and yep, love those buttons too!!!

Jen Timko said...

Another fabulous card, Jen! Love that paper and the buttons are so great (those were some of my favorite).

Michelle said...

Awesome Card! Love the buttons and the colours.

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful,simple and elegant card.I loved it when I saw it on the Freshly made sketches blog.Thanks fro your sweet comment on my blog post.taht led me here.

Lauri said...

This is great! I love those corduroy buttons...and this is a great way to use them! beautiful colors, too!

Cindy Hall said...

What a great clean and simple card! Love the color combo and those buttons!

None None said...

LOVE THIS! Actually, anything with Kiwis Kiss automatically rockets up the list to my favorites. I am still kicking myself for missing the short moment that Kiwi Kiss was available on the Clearance Rack last year. :(

Allison said...

So classy! Love the colours and the brads as the focus! This is a great way to use all those corduroy buttons I've been hoarding!