Monday, December 19, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch 234

For some reason I got to thinking about watercoloring yesterday.  I hadn't done any of that in quite some time so I thought I do a little practicing.


I love using the leafy stamp from Growing Green to watercolor.  I colored it with a Wild Wasabi marker then dragged the color around with an aqua painter.  The companion designer paper is from Woodland Walk and the sentiment is from Much Appreciated.  The layout is courtesy of the Stamping 411 sketch challenge.


Now, you might be wondering what is up with that tie-dyed ribbon.  That is an experiment gone awry!  Several months ago I tried to dye a piece of Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon.  I soaked the ribbon in some water that I had added a few drops of Wild Wasabi ink to.  But the ribbon wouldn't take the color and this is what I ended up with.  I'm not sure why, but I saved it and I came across it as I considered what ribbon to use on my card.  It's actually kind of pretty in real life and the colors go perfectly with this card!  That's some serendipity!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Aileen said...

So soft and pretty. Suits the sketch. x

Tammy Fite said...

Beautiful! Love that "experiment" with the ribbon!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This so works!! Love it!

Patti Chesky said...

I think the ombre effect on the ribbon looks amazing!!!!! It really finishes this card nicely!

gbarron56 said...

Hi Jen -- great job on this card and you'e right, the ribbon is amazing! I always say there are no mistakes in stamping ... only opportunities for creative embellishment! Way to go and thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Selene Kempton said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jen! Thank you so much for playing along this week! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Sue said...

Another brilliant card i am amazed as to how you manage to keep creating at this busy time of year as you will have realised by now i have so much ctaching up to do har harLuv Sue x