Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Skektchbook Saturday Challenge 43

Last April, for my sister's birthday, I made her a lovely box (following the Stamping 411 tutorial here), that I filled with cards of various sentiments.  If you're like me you've got loads of cards hanging around, so it's nice to be able to give them to someone who can use them.  As luck would have it, shortly after I gave it to her she needed an "emergency" gift so she gave the box and cards to someone else.  Now, I have finally made a replacement for her.


She's been patiently waiting for me to have enough cards in my stash to make a suitable replacement.  I feel guilty that it took me almost eight months, though!  This is the lid, which I made from Rose Red cardstock and embellished with some designer paper from Thoroughly Modern designer series paper.  The inspiration for the layout is from Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday challenge.

For the flower I stamped En Francais onto some Very Vanilla cardstock, then cut out three flowers from the Sizzix Tattered Florals die, crumpled them up, sponged them with Soft Suede, and stuck them all together with an antique brad.  The "for you" sentiment on the scallop circle is from Great Friend.


The base of the box is Soft Suede, which I think looks fabulous with Rose Red.  And the crumpled flower?  I think it looks terrific and I'm pretty sure that my sister will like it too.  It looks so much better in real life, which seems to be always the way when I try to photograph these things.

I'm so glad that the Christmas craziness is over now, and life can get back to normal.  I'm looking forward to trying out some of the fun stamping things that Santa Claus brought me.  I got an awesome storage rack for my ink pads that I hope to have ready for some pics later this week.  Stay tuned.  I think you're going to want one for yourself!

And in the meantime, thanks for stopping by!  I really appreciate your visits!

3 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Hi Jen, Lovely box! Great way to use the sketch and such a nice gift to give.

Sue said...

Wow wow wow its stunning Luv Sue x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, this is simply gorgeous, Jen! It's not only flawlessly done, I absolutely love your choice of colours too!