Saturday, December 3, 2011

PPA122 and FTL169

I really love how Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler look together, especially when I'm doing a Christmas project.  And lucky for me the challenge this week at Pals Paper Arts uses those colors plus Very Vanilla.  Then I saw the FTL sketch challenge at Clean & Simple and I got an Idea.


I'm {somewhat} sure that the tree shape from the sketch challenge can be substituted for another shape, but based on my Idea, I decided to go literal with this one.


This card marks the first time that I used the Snow Burst embossing folder (unbelievable, I know)!  And my tree is simply four scallop circles, sponged on the edges and cut in a triangle.  I paper pierced the smaller Very Vanilla layer and popped it up with dimensionals so that it would stand out from the card base of the same color.  I really like how this turned out.  It's simple and lets those fabulous colors take center stage.  And as I was getting ready to post this card, I realized that I left off the sentiment.  But I decided not to go back and add one, because I think it looks pretty good without one!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Donna said...

I like your card too and think it looks good as it is. The simplicity and colors are indeed beautiful.

Marisa said...

Great card!

Linda Callahan said...

You have such a knack for a clean classic design! I love this - the tree is wonderful out of the scallops!

Angie said...

Beautiful card, Jen. I love it exactly as you made it - the cherry cobbler and always artichoke definitely pop off the page! :)

Sue said...

What a great card just love the colour combo and how youve done the tree Luv Sue x

Nina Dee said...

Great card! That tree is just fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts! :)