Monday, December 5, 2011

Paper Players 75 and Inkspirations 98

I think I must be channeling some previously unknown psychic abilities because on Friday when I first saw the Inkspirations color challenge I thought it might be fun to use the colors for a Christmas card.


Then I find that this week the The Paper Players challenge us to use non-traditional stamps or colors to create a Christmas card!  How cool is that?


Once again I turned to Perfect Presentation and the wonderful tree stamp in that set.  I don't know what little Christmas fairy persuaded me to get that stamp set so many years ago, but I am eternally grateful to her because I can't believe how often I use it this time of year.  Not only does it have this great tree, but it has tags, and a snowman, and some round sentiments that are so useful.  It's long been retired, but I'll never part with it!

I also used one of the snowflakes from Snow Flurries to to stamp a background on the So Saffron layer.  One of the other snowflakes from that same set I stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Wild Wasabi embossing powder.  I punched those out and mounted them on dimensionals.  The sentiment is from Contempo Christmas.

I haven't decided who will be the recipient of this card.  I think it's got to be someone who will appreciate the irony!

Now, I need a little help.  Last year I loaned this stamp to my sister and I recently got it back.   But I don't remember what stamp set it came from.  It's on purple rubber, which used to mean it was either a hostess set or was from a Mini (I'm not sure which).  If you recognize it, please let me know where it goes!  I'll be forever grateful!


Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

It is a fab stamp set Jen and I love the way you've used it in these non-traditional colours! I don't recognise the snowflake stamp, I don't think it's one we've had here in the UK.

My Creative Side said...

It's from Serene snowflakes I believe, I just used it yesterday if I am not mistaken! Love the non traditional colours!!!!!

Anonymous said...

pretty Jeanette I too was going to use yellow it was the first color to come to mind, but as always I changed my mind! LOL!

Marisa said...

Great double challenge card. You used this week's colour fabulously for the PP Challenge. Great card :)

Tammy Zwarich said...

I just used those snowflakes yesterday...from the Christmas Punch set. Hope that helps. Love your blog!

Julie Marshall said...

Jen, this card is just fabulous! I am loving your color choices and your CAS design is just perfect for showcasing this tree. We're always so happy to have you join us at the Paper Players ;)

Kelli said...

It's from the Christmas Punch set. I use it every year.

Nance Leedy said...

It's a match made in challenge heaven! Love these colors for a Christmas card and your layout is fabulous! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

Lesley said...

I love the fun colours and the clean lines Jen! This card is awesome! Doesn't that stamp come from the Serene Snowflakes or maybe from the Tags for Christmas an old hostess set?

LeAnne said...

Super duper card....sweet! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous card! I love the mustard! It provides the perfect contrast with the red tree. As for the stamp, Tammy is correct...it is definitely from Christmas Punch. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just stunning, Jen! Crisp, clean and so perfect for Christmas. Love your layout! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

H2 :) said...

Great design Jen! You've worked the non-traditional colours perfectly. :)

Cindy Major said...

Love how clean and fresh this looks! Beautiful!