Saturday, December 17, 2011

FTL 171 and Our Creative Corner Holiday Color Combo

This has been a busy week and today is the first day I've had a chance to set foot in my stamp room and do something meaningful in quite some time.  And I was very discombobulated when I got there!  It took me a long while to get my thoughts together and figure out what I wanted to do.


I ended up with this card which I made for the FTL sketch challenge and the color challenge at Our Creative Corner.



I used some designer paper from the Sweet Pea collection and I paired it with a Baja Breeze layer behind it.  The I found some nice Real Red scraps from the Ski Slope designer paper pack, which I used on the center square.  I used the Northern Frost decorative strip die to cut the snowflakes from the silver shimmer paper and some Pink Pirouette, whereby I discovered that the shimmer paper is just a tad too thick to cut cleanly with the decorative strip die.  It made a tight sandwich through the Big Shot, but I ended up fussing with the cutout quite a bit to release it.  In fact, the small snowflake ended up with a tear and some missing shimmer because I was apparently a bit too rough trying to wrestle it out.  I'm pretty sure that no one but me would notice that it is missing a tiny bit, but I know it and it bugs me!

Right now this is a card, but I may alter it a bit and put it on the front of a gift bag because I just discovered that a gift certificate I bought for my godparents is languishing without some pretty Christmas packaging.  Must remedy that!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh Jen! I love this (waaaaaay better than mine -lol)! Perfect layering of snowflakes. Thanks for visiting my bloggy. I have yours in my Google Reader and am horrible about leaving comments! Have a great weekend!

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Dear Jen. Wow, this is such a beauty of a card. Love it. The colors and those snowflakes make it look so elegant. It is so well done. You're whole blog is such a joy to visit. Thanks for sharing all these beautiful projects.

Here is to more time in our craft rooms right :)

Inky hugs, Pauline

Tui Nathan said...

Oh wow .... this is a gorgeous CAS creation Jen, I love how you have combined each of these colours yet still managed a clean and uncluttered design .... love this sketch too!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

Jenn, I'd have to say, that your card is gorgeous! and you'd never know that it took a bit for the creative juices to start flowing. I love the soft subtle pattern paper you used as your backdrop. Perfect. It doesn't compete with the snowflake, which are just the right amount of sparkle! The same goes for that beautiful red pattern paper. YOur card is perfect! the colors are right, the sparkle gives it a bit of pinosh!
Thank you for playing along with us @ oCC. I hope that you have a wonderful holiday!

Natasha said...

So pretty! I love the layered snowflake, absolutely gorgeous!

Karen Aicken said...

What a pretty card and take on the sketch - TFS!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ooh! This is a gorgeous card!

Vicky Hayes said...

A gorgeous card Jen - love your snowflake! Merry Christmas to you!

Unknown said...

love your card

Anne Marie Hile said...

Jen this is so crisp, clean and full of holiday cheer! Loving that layered snowflake! Thank you so much for playing along at Our Creative Corner! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Hugs! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is absolutely perfect in every way, Jen!

Came here by way of Pals Paper Arts, where they picked two of your cards for their Best Dressed list. Congrats!

Just became a Follower. ;)

Sue said...

wow i love this card so beautifull and i hope your Christmas was great Luv Sue x