Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches 14

This week at Freshly Made Sketches we've got a sketch brought to you by the lovely and so very talented Jennifer Timko.

I've made cards with a similar layout before and I've got to say that this has got to be one of my all-time favorite sketches.  It is so versatile!

I feel like I've been neglecting Chocolate Chip lately, so I thought I'd dig it out for this one and pair it with Old Olive.  The patterned paper is from Holiday Treasures, and my wreath is made from one of the snowflake stamps in Snow Flurries.  I randomly stamped the snowflake in a circle then drew some circles in Cherry Cobbler to look like berries.  Easy peasy!

It can be a little tricky making the squares proportionate in a card like this, so I saved the first one I ever made to use as a reference.  The card itself is 4 1/4-inches square.  The Chocolate Chip layer is 4-inches square, followed by four Old Olive layers that are each 1 13/16-inches square and finally the designer paper layers are 1 5/8-inches square.

Our wonderful Freshly Made Sketches design team have some gorgeous samples to share with you this week.  I know because I've seen them all and I let out a big gasp when I saw them!  So make sure you check them out.  Then head on back to the FMS blog and link up your creation.

13 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Don't you just love it when you come across a sketch or stamp that is like the LBD of the craft world? I love your colour choices and the deep red accents are a perfect accent.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Rita W said...

Jen, this is gorgeous and one of my favorite cards you've made. Love the colors and design so, so much!

Lesley said...

I love this kind of wreath! It is so pretty Jen and so are the colours!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous is right! This wreath is beautiful made from the snowflakes!

Kim O'Connell said...

Oh, Jen! This is just gorgeous! That pop of color with that seam binding is perfect!

Lauri said...

Beautiful! I love how you created the wreath with the snowflake..you are one clever lady! lol

None None said...

Jen, love the wreath! When I first saw it, I was trying to figure out what stamp set you used so now the mystery is solved - you created it using a snowflake stamp, GENIUS!

Vicky Hayes said...

Those colours are really gorgeous together and I adore your clever snowflake wreath - must have a go at that!

Tui Nathan said...

This is a fabulous sketch and your card is just beautiful ... I love the greens and the browns and that wreath is stunning ... I totally love it ... brilliant job Jen!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Gorgeous! I love how you used snowflakes to create the wreath, love the colours too.

Libby said...

Love this card! Nice choice of colors for this challenge.

Cindy Hall said...

I'm with you on this being an all time favorite sketch, and your card is gorgeous! TFS!

Allison said...

This is gorgeous! Definitely one of my most favourite Christmas cards! Love the bow!