Friday, December 2, 2011

ColourQ 113 and Cards & Things 98

I loved the colors for the ColourQ challenge this week.  Especially when I scrolled down to look at all the submissions so far.  I think it's so neat when you see all those cards assembled in once place with a common color scheme.  I decided to combine that color challenge with the sketch at Cards & Things.


The other day I was making a project for a color challenge and accidentally made it using Sahara Sand when I was supposed to be using River Rock.  So I thought it was a bit of poetic justice that this challenge uses Sahara Sand.  At least I grabbed the right color this time.


I don't think I've used my snowflake punch very much this year, so used it here to punch out three flakes in Night of Navy, Bashful Blue and Whisper white after I stamped Simple Snowflake onto each piece of cardstock.  A little Night of Navy button finishes off the center nicely.  The sentiment is from Perfect Presentation.  It's part of a stamp that contains a star, so I just inked up the word with my Marina Mist marker to get the "peace" sentiment you see.

What a crazy week it's been for me.  I went back to work on Tuesday after being on vacation for 18 days!  I spent the first day basically just reading and responding to emails, and the second day opening and reading my snail mail.  It's wonderful being on vacation, but so hard to catch up when you go back!  Then to top it off, I was busy a couple evenings with meetings, so tonight is the first time I've had a chance to spend in my stamp room.  Now that I've got this card posted I'm off to see what I've been missing in the blogosphere all week.

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen, this is FAB-U-LOUS!!! I love the layered snowflake embellishment you created and the way you have used the colors here. Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing with us at colourQ this week! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

You've used these gorgeous colours brilliantly Jen - I love your beautiful snowflake with the button centre!

Kim O'Connell said...

Beautiful, Jen! This really does evoke feelings of peacefulness. Very pretty!

LeAnne said...

You keep reminding me that I have that Perfect Presentation set-and I need to dust it off! This is perfectly presented for sure! Thanks for playing with the CQC this week! LOVE it!

Sylvia said...

Very pretty, CAS card, Jen! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a nice card, I just love the layered snowflakes.

Erna Logtenberg said...

your card is so adorable!! Thanks for playing with us at C&T!!

Anita Scroggins said...

Wonderful snowflake - love the visual texture! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!!!

kasia c. said...

Ooooooooh! I love that layered snowflake, gorgeous!!
Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ. :)

Allison said...

Love the colours and simplicity!