Friday, December 9, 2011

CCMC179 and Cards & Things 99

It's been ages since I've made a round card, so when I saw the challenge this week at Cards & Things I knew right away that I'd want to participate.


So I spent some time tonight surfing around my regular challenge sites to see if I could come up with a color challenge that would go with this great sketch.  There were quite a few that caught my eye and I hope I have time this weekend to make some cards for them, but for this card I decided on the Create With Connie and Mary challenge.



I was going to make another Christmas card, but honestly I think I'm tapped out.  It feels like I've been making Christmas cards since July (I'm sure I haven't, it just feels like it), so I thought I'd make something that had no connection to any holiday or special event.  I inked up one of the stamps from the retired Artfully Asian in black Stazon, then colored it with Lucky Limeade and Poppy Parade markers.  The sentiment is from Fabulous Phrases.  I finished it off with a Basic Gray button.  I so wish that I had dropped the "smile" sentiment down a bit to give the button a bit more room, but I was too lazy to re-do it so this version stays.

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment.  I really enjoy reading them!

13 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

this is realy beautiful Jen! Thanks for playing at C&T this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Your designs always make me smile - love this!

Lauri said...

I know what you mean about being tapped out of Christmas! This is really pretty and I love the round shape!

Renée said...

oh, how beautiful! love the scallop circle shape and the striking layout! thanks for playing with us are CCMC:)

Debbie Henderson said...

The layout looks so good with these colors. The stamped image is really cute in the center adorned with the button! Thanks for playing with us this week at CCMC!

Deb said...

Wow! This is so simple, clean but most beautiful! Love it!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

So very great, Jen! I love the design and your take on the challenge colours. Thanks for playing at CCMC.

Nance Leedy said...

What a bright and happy card...love it, Jen! Your coloring is so perfect and bright that iy looks like dsp. Love how the poppy pops against all the limeade. I'm with you on the Christmas cards, lol...thanks for playing along with us at CCMC!

Lisa Martz said...

Makes me think of spring! Very pretty...love the round shape. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Mary Brown said...

I know what you mean about being tapped out on the Christmas cards! I love how you used the colors for a non-holiday card...so pretty! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the simple elegance of your card, love the round shape! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a pretty card! The stamps you chose present a beautifully designed card! Love it!

Sue said...

What a great card and colour combo Luv Sue x