Saturday, December 31, 2011

CCMC182

Well, I finally made it back in my stamp room.  I've been taking a bit of a break the last few days, but I wanted to get back into the swing of things before I completely lost my mojo.


I am self-proclaimed challenge junkie, and a lot of my favorite challenge sites are on holiday hiatus so I've been somewhat lost.  Luckily, Create With Connie and Mary was hosting a sketch challenge this week so I chose that for my layout.

I used a bit of Melon Mambo dsp from a pack called Ice Cream Parlor, which I think was a Sale-A-Bration set from earlier this year.  Then I dry embossed the Pretty in Pink layer with Elegant Lines and the Basic Gray layer with Stripes .  I heat embossed the larger flower with Melon Mambo embossing powder and I dug out some really old Stampin' Up! embossing powder to do the smaller flower in pink.  I finished off the center of the flower with a Melon Mambo button tied with a bit of baker's twine.  I hand cut the leaves then, folded in half, ran them through the crimper.  (Folding the cardstock in half before crimping ensures that the lines run the same direction from the center on both sides of the leaf).  I sponged them a bit with Old Olive ink, too.


I hope that you all enjoy a safe new year's eve and many wishes for a wonderful, crafty new year!


Pin It

11 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Very pretty! Nice color combo & take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

Jen this is such a pretty card! I love using my crimper so it was fun to see your use of it. Your flowers are just beautiful.

Deb said...

So pretty! I love these colors - so bright and cheery!! Everything is so clean and crisp! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fun sketch Jen and what a gorgeous card it inspired you to make. I love your mix of DP and embossing and the colours are fab. Hope you've enjoyed your break and wish you a very happy 2012.

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is beautiful Jen. You know I love your work and this is no exception. How you make colours pop by using neutrals is a gift, my friend. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week and Happy New Year!

Lisa Martz said...

What a great card! You don't see too many cards using this stamp set. I love the textures and the way you did your leaves. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Fantastic card, Jen! Love the way you've blocked the color in each panel and the dry embossing jost pops. Great tip for crimping leaves too...another fabulous card...Thank you for playing with us at CCMC!

Mary Brown said...

Beautiful! I love how you used texture for your background instead of alot of prints. That really set the stage for your beautiful flower! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Debbie Henderson said...

Very very pretty layered flower. Such a cute card. Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

This is SO gorgeous! I have that set from Convention and never mounted it...but you've inspired me! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary.

Unknown said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous!! Love love love that color combo too!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #47 with a link back to your blog on 1-8-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com