Sunday, September 11, 2011

PPA110 and Deconstructed Sketch 18

This week the challenge at Pals Paper Arts is to make a Halloween project.

As soon as I saw this challenge I got it in my head to use the best skull stamp ever to grace the stamping world!  Of course, I'm talking about the skull stamp from the retired SU set, From the Crypt.  I chose the newest Deconstructed Sketch challenge for my layout.

I took a little liberty with the oval layer.  And by "liberty" I mean that I made it a circle.

Forgive me, but I had to do it.  That fantastic skull wouldn't fit on an oval!  As per my usual, I heat embossed the image in black.  Stamping it in black ink just doesn't do it justice.  And if you're wondering what the designer paper is, let me tell you that I went so far into the vault to get it that it could be weeks before I emerge!  It's from a single-sided designer paper set called Halloween Night.  And since I have every mini since I started my Stampin' Up! journey I looked it up and found it in the Holiday Mini from 2006!

Now, I hope you don't think I have a morbid fascination with skulls after reading this!  I just love Halloween stuff.  The scarier the better!  And this stamp is just so awesome!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

WOW! Creepy and pretty all rolled into one! Goth art!

Linda Callahan said...

This stamp is awesome and so is your card! I have a vault as well but I never know what catalog things are from - you are super organized! My vault is more like piles stacked in the bookcase!

Jen Shults said...

This is just fantastic! I love how bold it is!! Thanks for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch. :)

Pam~ said...

This is a rockin' Halloween card! I agree, one of SU's best skull stamps! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

laurie said...

I just love this card..I included it in my "weekend wows" this week that I post on my blog with a link here!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is creppy and fabulous at the same time, Jen! I bet that image looks even cooler in person, with the shine from the embossing. Love it! :)