Thursday, August 11, 2011

PPC68 - A Little Shabby

It's been a very busy week and I haven't been able to spend much time in my stamp room, but I did manage to make a card for the Picture Perfect Creations color challenge and the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge.


For some reason I had it in my head that I wanted to make a kind of shabby-vintage card.  I have no idea why, but sometimes these things just come to me!

I'm more of a clean and simple girl, but I really like the vintage look as well.  And every once in a while I try my hand at it.  I had been seeing a lot of cards lately that were using newsprint paper with images stamped on it and I liked the look of it.  So that's what I did here with one of the floral images from the Simply Soft hostess set and the First Edition designer paper.  I sponged the edges with More Mustard, then went over it very lightly with some Basic Black too.

You might remember that Thursday is usually ColorLab challenge day here, but we're trying something a little different.  We're changing to a monthly challenge beginning this month on the 15th, so I'll be back with a card for that on Monday.  Hopefully this will give everyone more time to participate in the challenges.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Pretty card Jen! I love the image stamped on the Newsprint DSP too...and of course the butterfly is a nice touch! Love the shabby feel!
Lesley

Erna Logtenberg said...

Your card is beautiful Jen!! Love the flowers on the dsp and the butterfly is also sweet!

Linda Anderson said...

Oh Jen, this card is stunning!!!! Love everything about it, especially the newsprint and butterfly!! Thanks for joining us at PPC.

Linda

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this too Jen - the stamping on newsprint is a real winner! I love the way you kept your card CAS by mounting the panel on the larger white card base.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is so lovely, Jen! The little touch of blue is perfect! Hugs xxaxx

Michele said...

Very Chic and Shabby! I love this! And your little blue butterfly stands out so well. Nicely done!!! Thanks for joining us at PPC this week.