Sunday, August 28, 2011

FTL155 and ColourQ 100

This week the sketch challenge at Clean & Simple Stamping added a color challenge twist.  They've teamed up with the ColourQ and want us to check the ColourQ archives and pick a color combo to use with our card.  I decided on #32 from May 2010.


I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that I picked a color combo that included Kraft, Kiwi Kiss and Basic Black!

I found some Groovy Guava designer paper from a set called Afternoon Tea.  That was a favorite of mine and I was glad to see that I had a bit left to use on this card.  The butterfly was stamped on Vellum and colored on the reverse side.  My "buttons" were made using the Sweet Buttons embosslit.  That is one terrific little gadget to have!  I wanted to use buttons for the circles, but I didn't have any buttons in the colors that I needed.  Then I remembered that I had the handy-dandy embosslit and my problem was solved! If you don't have a button in a certain color, you can just create one.  How cool is that?

Well today is the day that Hurricane Eileen is expected to create all kinds of havoc around here.  Later it's going to get quite windy and rainy.  We already had quite a bit of rain yesterday and I'm ready with my flashlights and candles in case the power goes out.  The good news is that even if the power goes out, I can still spend some time in my stamp room!

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh, this is very sweet

Lesley said...

Oh so nice! Love that sketch and all the yummy crumb cake! Stay safe my friend!

Kara said...

you've chosen such a great color combination...so pretty!!

Sylvia said...

Love your card, Kim! The colors you have chosen are fabulous. Thanks for joining us for the 100th challenge at the ColourQ this week.

kasia c. said...

LOVE this colour combo and what you did with it. :)
Those buttons you created are perfect. Thanks for playing along with us this week at ColourQ!

I hope that you weren't hit hard with hurricane Irene.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous job, Jen - this is one of my fave combos! Thank you so much for playing with our 100th challenge at the colourQ!