Thursday, June 30, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 47

We are all about patriotic colors this week at the ColorLab!
As soon as I saw this color challenge I knew that I was going to make some kind of July 4th card.  I poked around blogland and eventually, after much deliberation, decided that the Sketchbook Saturday sketch would be a good fit for what I had in mind.


And here's my version of my patriotic version of this sketch challenge.  I'll admit that when I first saw this sketch, I was a little unsure about how I wanted to proceed.  But once I decided to combine it with the ColorLab challenge it was like the light dawned and it all came together very quickly.

I know it doesn't seem so in the photo, but I really did use Not Quite Navy here.  All of the blue that I used to stamp the stars is Not Quite Navy.  I wish it showed up better!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a chance to pop on over to the ColorLab, check out the inspiration from the design team, and join our challenge this week.  We'd love to see what you do!

4 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Love that square lattice embossing folder! I used and abuse it and this is an example of why! Love your use of it in this card! Nice job with the sketch!

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job with the sketch and colors. I can see the Not Quite Navy.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Hi Jen, I adore your card this week! It's simple but striking, perfect for the occasion!

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card Jen (as usual!!)! Love the Patriotic look!! Great combo of sketch and colors!!