Wednesday, April 27, 2011

ColourQ 82 and Sketchbook Saturday 8

There's a whole lot of green goodness going on over at the ColourQ this week.

Isn't it wonderful?  It is if you like green (which I do).  And that little bit of Baja Breeze is a perfect complement.  I was anxious to try this challenge, so I quickly chose the Sketchbook Saturday as a layout for my card.

I think I have a weakness for scallop circles because I always seem to want to make cards with them!  I thought this was interesting because the bottom of the circles is hidden.

The stamped image I used is a little bit outside of what I normally choose.  It's from the Flower For All Seasons stamp set.  I got it as a freebie during Sale-A-Bration because it seemed like a good stamp set for watercoloring.  I don't watercolor all that often, but every time I see a card that is watercolored, I love it.  This is the first time I've used this set and I actually colored most of the image with my blender pens, so I'm not sure that is technically considered watercoloring.  There are three other images in the set, so hopefully they'll see some ink as the seasons progress!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today.

13 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

That stamp set is another SU favorite of mine! So cute! Love that big 'ol button on there! I am lacking in a bunch of these colors so I can't play this week. :(

Sylvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia said...

Sorry about that! (my brain is not functional today)Love your card, Jen! Perfect use of the colors. thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ this week.

Julie A. said...

Jen-

Your work is beautiful! Please check out my blog as I've listed you as one of my 8 nominees:) Thanks so much for the inspiration. I always look forward to your posts:)

Vicky Hayes said...

I never look twice at those stamps - and then I see a card like yours where it looks fabulous!

Debi said...

I love your style of stamping. Very classy and clean. Great job!!

Bobbie said...

This is so cute! Again, a set I haven't looked twice at but know I see how cute it really is!

My Creative Side said...

Love it. I love this set, and have been playing with it too!!! love your sewing! do you use a regular sewing machine, I love it!!

Jen Mitchell said...

My Creative Side - I didn't know how to get in touch with you to answer your question, so I hope you see this! Although I do have a regular sewing machine, it's just too big and bulky to drag out for sewing on my cards, so I use a Janome Sew Mini instead. It's small and perfect for my cards.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Perfect card! I like the monochromatic look, and the stitching on your panel!

Unknown said...

Adorable, Jen! Love that big button. Thanks for playing at CQC! :)

suzARTe said...

really lovely card, you have combined the colours beautifully

Rochelle said...

What a great card! Thanks for playing at the colourQ!