Thursday, August 12, 2010

Color Lab Challenge 5

I've just come back from a little Long Island adventure in time for the Color Lab challenge.  I was visiting my niece in Quogue, NY and I had forgotten how much energy a 22 year old has!  Let's just say it's good to be back home!  Now on to the challenge.


This was another doozy for me because it had five colors.  Luckily I love all the colors so it was fun putting them all together.  I especially love how good basic gray and daffodil delight look together.

I used the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge 292.  When I first saw the sketch, I thought it was so interesting and I wanted to do it but had no idea how it was going to shape up.  Then I figured it would be perfect for this color challenge.  However, I think the three panels on the bottom need a little jazzing up.  Maybe a little hand-drawn border or something.  I saw that once on a card when I was surfing in blogland and thought it added a nice touch.  But anyway, I like it well enough the way it is.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to join us for this challenge at the Color Lab

3 comments:

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card!!

Juanita said...

Love your card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeneatte!!! I love the way the strips are cut to add that little bit of unexpected fun! Very, very nice.