Wednesday, June 23, 2010

SSSC74 Happy Birthday

This is quite a different direction for me in terms of color.  Although I love bright colors, like the Melon Mambo that I used here, I don't usually use colors so diverse on the same card.  I'm not 100% sure that I like this particular card, but I feel like I was adventurous anyway.

I started out making this card all about the rich razzleberry and melon mambo.  Then I decided that it wasn't exciting enough.  This morning as I was getting ready for work, I stopped by my desk and took a look at my work in progress.  I didn't really like what I saw.  It was too boring.  Then all of a sudden, I thought that some crushed curry would liven things up.  I couldn't wait until I got home from work tonight to try it out.
This is the finished product.  I had a hard time settling on the green on the bottom.  I waffled for a time between old olive and wild wasabi.  I settled ultimately on old olive (thanks in part to the Way Cool SU Color Combo Machine that you can find in my sidebar).  And I can't forget to say "thanks" to Karen and her Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge for providing the layout. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!


No comments: