Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Calling All Birthday Cards

As I was doing my usual blog surfing today, I discovered that Gretchen Barron is celebrating a birthday soon and would like handmade birthday cards sent to her so that she can send them to From Our Hearts.  (Read Gretchen's post here).  As soon as I read it I thought it was a great idea, and although I had some birthday cards on hand to send, I decided to make another one.

I can't resist Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and I'm glad I was able to participate in the challenge this week (I'm not always so lucky)!  Her layouts are always so awesome!  And to double the fun, I used the colors from the Curtain Call 30 color challenge.  {Sweet}.  I'm on vacation this week, so hopefully I'll be able to spend lots of time in my stamp room.  I've got a lot of things on my vacation to-do list, but I think I can squeeze some stamping time in!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

That's an excellent cause. I just finished packaging up a box that I'm sending to Iraq. Your card is absolutely stunning! I know Gretchen will love it!

Stacey Schafer said...

so adorable, Jen! this is the first I've seen of this set...way cute! thanks for sharing this fun card with us at the Curtain Call!

Julie said...

Very very pretty card! Thanks for playing along with the Curtain Call this week.

Sue said...

Great use of the colours this week, great use of the ribbon for the SSSC!! thanks for joining in the fun at Curtain Call this week! :)

Shannon Willis said...

Beautiful take on the challenge Jen. It's beautiful and will definitely make someone very happy receiving it.

Lea L. said...

What a fabulous card!! I love the cluster of flowers & butterflies...the dimension on them is perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Michele Gross said...

love love love this card!

Martie said...

Thanks Jen! I can't wait to see your card in the box that Gretchen sends our way! Our troops NEED so many cards and LOVE our cards...Hugs to you...
Martie
From Our Hearts
President/Founder
http://www.fromourhearts.info